Archive for June, 2009
A week of…change. This week, the Mayhem Crew consists of Mad Mike, Wrestlefan, Wife of the Show Missy, and Silent Ninja. We explore fan mail, the Bash PPV, TNA swerves, and GMs of the week. And then there’s Ashley and her Tasty Report…
This is Episode 174 for Tuesday, June 30, 2009. You can get the episode here on Talkshoe, subscribe, and as always, stay tuned to www.wrestlingmayhemshow.com for the latest! The Wrestling Mayhem Show is recorded live and can be heard/viewed from 8 PM to 10 PM Eastern on Talkshoe.com and BlogTV.com. Let us know what you think of the show, and your thoughts on the wrestling world by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Don’t forget you can find links related to the show’s news stories and more at our Delicious Links Page for Episode 174!
This Saturday, I had the pleasure to attend the first Bucco Tweetup organized by Jennie Roth, TweetUp extroidanaire. Now I’ve never attended a tailgate party before. Hell, I was amazed to find tailgating at the recent No Doubt show at the Pavilion.
We finally ventured to the game to find the Bucs already into the 7th Inning (after an hour and a half?) and up 3-2 and handily beating the Royals. But we all settled in and enjoyed the rest of the game and the fireworks finale of the night.
This is just the beginning for the summer TweetUps. Checkout the Pittsburgh TweetUp page for what else is happening around here!
After a week of errors and hardware failures (and a lost episode), we’re back on and kicking with Sorg and DJLunchbox as we take on fanmail, a call from our friend Ashley Hoover, and talk about Chikara. We’re then joined by Miss Papuga to get caught up on everything going on in the world of MMA. Wrestlefan and Mad Mike then join us to talk about TNA Slammiversary, Trump Raw, and some Killer Bees bitch slaps. Finally, our heroic hosts step up to throw the verbal smackdown in anticipation of the first Yinz Team Softball game of the season!
This is Episode 173 for Tuesday, June 23, 2009. You can get the episode here on Talkshoe, subscribe, and as always, stay tuned to www.wrestlingmayhemshow.com for the latest! The Wrestling Mayhem Show is recorded live and can be heard/viewed from 8 PM to 10 PM Eastern on Talkshoe.com and BlogTV.com. Let us know what you think of the show, and your thoughts on the wrestling world by emailing us at email@example.com! Don’t forget you can find links related to the show’s news stories and more at our Delicious Links Page for Episode 173!
… or download a track:
Just Forget It
So, yeah, I didn’t post last week. Not even a podcast. It was a blackout. Things were the way they were. Writing fail.
- I really never thought I would be attending a No Doubt show. For some reason, the giant stage spectacular that I witnessed, and thoroughly enjoyed, was not what I imagined with this group. It always throws me when a somewhat earthy, ska-like band starts throwing
- It goes without saying that I take a lot of energy for my podcasts. The Wrestling Mayhem Show 172 was a great experience. A great interview with Mike Kingston of the Headlocked comics. A great talk with WrestleFan and Mad Mike on Skype. Good discussion about this crazy Donald Trump thing.
But you won’t hear all of that.
It’s gone into the ether of Podcast Heaven, where misrecorded shows go to die along with several issues of This Week in Media I wish I could have heard.
Time to reestablish that redundancy system I used to insist on.
- Never in my local news watching, Tornado fearing life have I heard the term “Tornadic.” It makes the concept feel more trivial. Yet, even by the explaination on WPXI, it seems like a way to strike fear in our hearts during you’re all night coverage Wednesday without being allowed to say “Tornado is effin’ happening”.
- Wednesday was a weird sort of fate night, as I was going to end up in Squirrel Hill until a last minute change of plans. Excellent, since I saw parts of the neighborhood underwater later that night…
- Love living on the high ground. Away from the floods. I’m very picky about where I live.
- My YouTube page is about to blow up. With my normal facilities, I’ve accrued over 500 videos over there. This iPhone video thing is going to just blow that up. I can’t wait to go do RPG or CRAP shows again with this thing, or even the wrestling after parties…
- This had to have been the most relaxing time I’ve had for a bit. After trips to other regions, watching TV for a weekend, and other methods to just try and unwind, it’s amazing that just an evening staring into a burning fire and up at the stars I don’t see anymore in the city will do for you.
- It’s also fun to discover alternative methods for starting a fire after a downpour.
I said I’d get to them, and here’s one. Just posted is my interview with Mower right here at Club Diesel in the Southside of Pittsburgh back at the beginning of April. This was a tight fit trying to get everyone on camera, and I think the dog was hungry. Check it out, and check Mower out on Myspace and Reverbnation!
You can check out all of the WPAJ Interview videos on Blip.tv, or subscribe on iTunes.
Well, I have to say that I went to “The Taking of Pelham 123″ with little expectations. I knew it was about trains and Denzel Washington wasn’t running around shooting people. My hopes said Money Train, but my reality expected Deja Vu.
the Mayhem Crew is in the house to celebrate the long awaited Macho Man DVD Collection! We have Macho Music, Macho Facts, and a Macho Caller! Plus, we talk Umagone, CM Punk, and admire those witty writers of WWE Magazine. Oh, and the Silent Ninja returns…
This is Episode 171 for Tuesday, June 9, 2009. You can get the episode here on Talkshoe, subscribe, and as always, stay tuned to www.wrestlingmayhemshow.com for the latest! The Wrestling Mayhem Show is recorded live and can be heard/viewed from 8 PM to 10 PM Eastern on Talkshoe.com and BlogTV.com. Let us know what you think of the show, and your thoughts on the wrestling world by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Don’t forget you can find links related to the show’s news stories and more at our Delicious Links Page for Episode 171!
Black Moth Super Rainbow
“Tooth Decay” (mp3)
from “Eating Us”
Aparently, Mr Orton had a bit of a run in recently with a Mexican reported that asked a question that implied him as being fragile. Orton responded as you all would; threatening to head but your teeth down your throat…
And lets not forget the biggest mistake. Calling wrestling fake.
This is where phone interviews come in handy…
So, I’ve never been much of a nature guy. I cut the grass at home on our acre or so of land as I grew up. But that was a riding lawnmower. And there wasn’t much else for landscaping going on. You mowed the walkable, wide open areas, and that was a bout it.
Now that I’ve owned a house, I’m finding that I may have done more work for my couple hundred square foot lot than I ever did back home. But I’ve learned a few things…
- My hands are too big for standard gloves. Wal-Mart doesn’t carry things for big people. Give up. Go to Lowes, maybe. Or a real hardware store. Might be better there.
- Go Amish. My push lawnmower crapped out last year. The cord broke, to be exact. So we decided, instead of maintaining this thing, and paying for the gas (not much, but another cost), so we bought a manual mower. And let me tell you, that works wonders for building in a work out every week. Just don’t let your grass get too high.
- Clippers are my friend. The bushes started getting out of hand. It was clipper time. I bought the standard clippers and get Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake on the bushes. Oh yeah…
- If you stab me, I will cut you. There were two bushes that bookended the gate entrance. They started getting bigger. Then they started snagging on my clothes. They turned red. As of this weekend, I no longer have two bushes bookending my gate entrance….
- Yard ponds are death traps….to birds and chipmunks. I have no remedy for this yet…..
- Nature is a force, and she will take over… You know how we see in movies like I Am Legend how nature will take over our world if left alone? That’s what happens when I ignore the empty lot next to my house for too long. I have vines creeping up the side of the house, trees threatening to invate my porch. I actually discovered that the offending tree seems to have almost completely died under the weight of the vine that is growing over it! The back of my house, where my yard is terraced out, the plants have started to poor over the back fence.
- I think there’s a hobbit hole in my backyard. Earlier in the season, as I assessed what work needed done, I ventured under that terrace and thought I saw a small hole that a little man could live in. I will invistigate further…
In the end…I think I found my answer….
I really didn’t know how I wanted to celebrate this anniversary, and fate would have it my plans were dashed, as they have been the last four anniversaries. See, there’s a curse around this June 5 date. For almost three years straight, either of us was severely ill, or we wouldn’t have much for money, or things were simply too crazy with out careers and such, that we really haven’t celebrated proper our wedding day since.