So, it’s the Warriors and the Cavs. Again.
Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
– The Riverhounds took its first USL loss of the season 1-0 to Nashville, but had a 0-0 tie with Penn FC after.
– The Riverhounds returned home for the weekend with the Richmond Kickers.
– Pitt Baseball made it to the Final 4 of the ACC tournament, but lost to Louisville.
– It seems that the ACC has elevated PITT in smaller non-mainstream collegiate athletics.
– Mark Madden wrote an article on Sullivan and Kessel.
– In PGA news, it’s the last week in the Forth Worth Invitational.
– Justin Rose won with a -20.
– Steve got to check out some of the Memorial at Muirfield Village “Jack’s Place”
– It’s fun to see the pros do some of the same things Steve does.
– The NHL Stanley Cup Finals!
– Game one went to the Knights with a back-and-forth game with a 6-4 final, and game two went to the Caps 3-2.
– Tom Wilson of the Caps had a few questionable hits in game one – especially the one on Jonathan Marchessault.
– Ryan Reaves’ punch to the nose in front of the Caps net in game two sent a message to the not-so-nice Wilson.
– The NBA Finals started. It’s the 4th straight year of the Warriors and Cavs in the final.
– The first game went to overtime, and Lebron had some issues with it.
– Hill made the tying free throw and missed the second with 5 seconds left on the clock.
– Cleveland passed the ball around and looked like they were playing keep-away to protect a win they didn’t have.
– On the replay, JR Smith said he thought they were ahead.
– In OT the Warriors go on a 7-0 run, and end up with Klay Thomson ejected and the Cavs losing.
– Steelers’ OTAs continue and the rookies are getting to learn the play book and figure out their exact positions.
– Jerald Hawkins, the back-up OT, was carried off the field with a ruptured quad. Third pick, Oakafore, is now up for the position.
– Jake McGee also limped off the field with injury.
– Most of the stars of the team (the “Skilled Position Players”) were absent for the second week of OTA’s, but that was no shocker.
– 1978 throwbacks.
– The Pirates lost 2 of 3 to the Reds, 2 of 3 to the Cards, and 2 of 3 to the Cubs with some
drama on the base pads in the Cubs series.
– The Buccos are still above 500 by 2 games and 6.5 back in the division.
– The offense was solid, Polanco had a 3-hit night.
– Cervele and Bell went yard, but Vasquez gave up the winning HR in the 9th.
– The Pirates sitting Austin Medows when Marte came back over Polanco might be a mistake.
– The bullpen is suspect, and the offense has cooled a bit with some brained moves on the base pads.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)