Greetings Mayhemmers, since I’m the guy who watches TNA the most as the main hosts on this show, but we never seem to talk about it (mainly because it sucks) I decided to at least use my journalistic integrity and live blog about it each week. This will be written live as I watch Impact, so enjoy!
Segment 1: Recrap, Roode segment, Direct Insurance commercial
- Two closeups of Carly already, this may be a good Impact
- Why does Sting wear his wrestling gloves all the time?
- A “spank his butt” chant? Really?
- Wow. Really? Fucking really? Are they that desperate to keep this sponsor??
Segment 2: Match 1: Robbies Vs Red/Blue
- Oh yeah the TV title, nice to see it on TV
- Well that certainly was a nothing match
- Joe and Magnus are just a more interesting team by deault
Segment 3: Bischoff segment, Angelina/Winter segment
- Ugh I hate this whole storyline
- Garret’s theme music is the worst shit I’ve ever heard
- Wow Garret, try not to learn too much from the God freak, beer drinker, the drug addict, and the closeted racist ok?
- Oh God…Abyss is going to be this idiot’s trainer isn’t he?
- Even worse…is it Hogan?
- Where the fuck have these two been?
Segment 4: Match 2: Winter Vs. ODB
- I do kinda love ODBEY together….yes I’ve combined their names
- I think it’d be hilarious if every time Eric drank from the flask he turned completely normal
- Eric is holding on to the tag rope…amazing
- Eric Young is a-goddamn-mazing
- Wow ODB stole Marc Mero’s TKO, nice
Segment 5: AJ segment
- I really hate the “people turning their back on AJ” storyline
- I just hope this leads to a triple threat match…even though it will mean nothing
Segment 6: Bully/Roode segment, Storm segment
- Calves and Abs? I kinda like that actually…best two characters in TNA not named EY teaming up
- Also nice to see Bully asking for a shot, hope it doesn’t lead to a face turn for him
- Storm if you don’t wait any time to call someone out, why is this at the middle of the show?
- Storm is wearing a hat with a bottle opener on it…classy
- Hey Sting, they’ve had three matches…this match tonight isn’t the rubber match, it’s like the glue match
Segment 7: Match 3: Storm Vs Angle
- Haha, Angle running down still getting changed, that’s great
- Nice to see two rematches from the PPV on free TV….awful
Segment 8: Match cont.
- Seems like this is TNA’s way of making up for having basically no wrestling for 40 minutes
- Wow that aerial shot looks so unimpressive with the few people in the front section of the Impact zone
- Kurt should never do a superkick again
- Storm becomes number one contender, I’m a fan of this
Segment 9: Brookemacher in a bikini, Maddy/Sting segment, Match 4: Hardy vs Roode
- Wow, way to advertise that one half of your Knockouts Tag Champs has a second job….jesus
- Maddy vs Mickie in a steel cage? I’m down…but if Sting saw Madison helped Gail win, why didn’t he restart the match?
- Tenay just said “chickenbleep” really?
- Why does it seem like Roode’s theme music has changed since the opening promo?
- These intros take up way too much time
- Technically I don’t think this match has started yet
- Ew little Hardy marking kids pushed my Carly out of the front row, I hope they get addicted to Jeff’s drugs
Segment 10: Match cont.
- Man Roode is selling like gangbusters for Hardy
- Jeez that missed poetry in motion looked painful
- Holy crap that one girl’s reaction was great
- “Jeff can’t stand up” yeah….he’s used to that
- Heh, I wonder how many steps Jeff has…I bet it’s 12
- Hahahah Bully Ray FTW
- Although…again, here’s where Sting should probably come out…but the show will end here I’m guessing
- Yeah, TNA only has one ref apparently…awful finish, but I think good things might be on the horizon
Logic: 2 out of 5 Russos
Wrestling: 3.5 out of 5 Russos
Overall: 5.5 out of 10 Russos