- We’re turning down the geek knob a little and getting into this week’s Awesome Cast (Special Edition).
- Shout out to our Pittsburgh Marathon peeps as it’s the thing to do during marathon weekend.
- It’s time for our Awesome Thing of the Week and Katie has a Google Docs PSA.
- Katie is deep-diving some things we may take for granted with app permission authorizations.
- Google Docs phishing attack tips: Check before opening. Use a 2-step authentication process to help circumvent.
- Chilla is sharing Annotable as his Awesome Thing of the Week.
- Annotable has handy tools for editing screenshots and pictures on the go.
- Sorg is sharing a Raspberry Pi kit (get it with Mag Pi) to turn it into a dirt cheap Google Home competitor.
- AIY is DIY for tech! (Automate It Yourself)
- Sorg is a fan of electronics and cardboard options.
- We have lots of stories from folks in our Facebook group!
- Thanks to Brandon for sharing the Alexa Bliss and Amazon Echo story. Sorg’s worlds are colliding.
- Thanks to Doug for sharing a life hack tip for IFTTT (If This Then That) keeping track of ideas while driving.
- Hey Trello can you get us Siri support to help integration flow a little smoother?
- Uncle Crappy hit us up with a Beer Week wrap-up and a Chachi sighting!
- Thanks to Chris Whitlatch for letting us know about an augmented reality UAV game.
- Katie is telling us how easy it is to find porn on Tumblr using your iPhone.
- Chilla has a cross-platform, streamable VR video player he’s telling us about.
- Don’t drive with your VR headset on, kids.
- The Hulu Live TV platform has launched. Sorg is sharing some thoughts.
- Not a sports fan? Hulu Live TV offers a no-sports package (unlike cable TV packages).
- We liked when Facebook brought us interactions for posts. We’re happy that they’ve extended it to comments!
- Katie is sharing some thoughts on Facebook reactions and how she uses it for marketing.
- Do you miss having a physical keyboard on your phone? Samsung is offering a physical keyboard overlay.
After the show remember to:
Have you seen our AwesomeTips videos?
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!