How ’bout that Fleury?
Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
– The Riverhounds tied Indy Eleven nil-nil and won 2-1 over Eire Commodores.
– The Tampa Bay Rowdies come to Highmark Stadium.
– With the win in the US Open Cup the Hounds get a home Cup game facing the winner of Cincy FC of the (USL) or Detroit City FC of the (NPSL).
– In PGA Tour news, Web Simpson hits a -18 total and wins the 5th Major of The Players even shooting 1 over in the final round.
– Tiger made a hell of a run in Day 3 and again in Day 4, but had early tee times both days.
– Tiger Woods finished T11 but was as high as second.
– We saw some super groups the first two-day pairings of Mickelson, Tiger, and Fowler, and the other of Spieth, Rory, and Justin Thomas.
– It’s the Bryon Nelson Classic at Trinity Forest in Dallas.
– The next Big Tournament that’s not a major is at Jack’s Place in Muirfield Village Golf Club in Columbus.
– PITT softball lost the ACC Championship Game against FSU in dramatic fashion.
– The NHL Playoffs continue with the Caps up 2-1 over Tampa Bay in the series.
– The Vegas And Winnipeg series is 2-1 Vegas.
– Both have been very entertaining to watch.
– On an intersting side note, Chris Kunitz could win his 5th cup and be the 50th Person with 5 Cups.
– Mark Scheifele leads the playoffs with 14 goals (11 of them on the road).
– As for NBA updates, Golden State is up 1-0 over the Rockets, and Boston is up 2-0 over the Cavs.
– The Cavs got manhandled and headed back to Cleveland.
– The Pitt/PSU game is scheduled for September 8th at 8PM.
– It will be the last time the two will play in Hienz Field for the foreseeable future.
– There is still one game at Happy Valley.
– The Pirates took 2 of 3 from the Giants, ruining Cutch’s homecoming.
– They came back, taking two from the White Sox.
– The Bullpen is still suspect.
– The offense has hit a stride, but they have been playing struggling teams.
– Do you think that ownership will go out and get some pieces at the trade deadline or after the all-star break if the Pirates are in a good position?
– The boys are currently on pace to win 96 games, and are tied for first in the division, the second best record in the NL, 5th best in all of baseball, and 3rd best home record in the MLB.
– The Pirates are behind the Yanks and Phills.
– The Padres are in town this weekend and are 10 games under .500 as the Bucs are 8 games over.
– Jay-Hay is working out and playing in Altoona with the Curve on Rehab.
– Taillon jokes about peeing on his finger to help it heal quicker.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)