When it rains, it pours. And, sometimes it floods at PNC Park. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Matt and Steve are talking about this week in sports updates, including:
– Riverhounds won 3-Nil over the NY Red Bulls with goals from Parkes, and Brett.
– They move into a tie with Louisville City for second in group A.
– In World Cup news, Mexico beat Germany, and Iceland won their first match.
– The US Open at Shinnecock Hill in Long Island was won by Bruce Koepka for the second straight year.
– The last time there was back-to-back winners was 88-89 from Curtis Strange.
– Rod Woodson speaks up about a lack of playmakers on D side of the ball, stating that Shazier
was going to be that guy.
– TJ Watt is still in question.
– Since Troy, there hasn’t been a bigtime playmaker. They’re looking for Cam Hayward to step up, Bud Dupree to get in there, and Stephon Tuitt to stay healthy.
– Bryant is facing a possible suspension due to moving and missed testing and programs.
– The Caps raise a banner without trolling the Pens.
– With the NHL season schedule set, they open agains the Bruins Oct 3rd.
– The Penguins are trying to obtain Max Domi (son of Ty Domi) from the Coyotes.
– Kessel is interested in being reunited with Tocchet, but they are strapped on the cap hit at 6.8 million.
– The Leafs are carrying 1.2 of the current cap.
– Sources say the Pens offered up Rust, Sheary, or Simon. Due to the cap hit, to acquire him, someone would need to be traded.
– The Pirates dealt with some rain after a 1-0 win and a 3-2 loss. l
– A highlight at the Buccos game was Steven Brault singing the National Anthem.
– Polonco shows signs of promise, but then the next game lays an egg.
After the show remember to:
Follow the discussion on Twitter (@BoldPGHSports)