Molly and Travis sit down with Scott Simmons and Katie “Dudders” Dudas to discuss Row House Cinema.
- Row House Cinema is an independent, single screen theater in Lawrenceville.
- The basement houses Bierport, a bar with retro video games.
- Row House Cinema began as the dream of Brian Mendelson, enjoying beer at the movies for a fun night out. The remodel took over four and a half years.
- How they select movies and themes each week using the opinions of staff and public. There is no real formula.
- Creating a balance between different types of movies they show.
- Describing the joy of seeing some movies on the big screen.
- The fun of watching a bad movie with friends in a theater.
- Which movies they thought would sell well, but didn’t (hint: a lot of 80’s comedies).
- Using special events and gimmicks to sell movies.
- Process to get rights to show movies. Creating a wish list and having patience.
- Witches Week October 12th-18th.
- Row House of Horrors Week October 19th-31st.
- Combing the genres of of horror and comedy.
- How sound and a dark theater really ups the movie experience.
- Analog look back: Mystery movie played on a VCR.
- Travis’ Jack Black story.
Find Row House Cinema online:
For more information about Sorgatron Media Studios http://www.sidekickmediaservices.com/services/
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!
Follow the ScareHouse podcast hosts: Scott Simmons (@ScareHouseScott) and Katie “Dudders” (@kdudders)