Dudders sits down with her haunt siblings, Design Manager Nicole and Operations Manager Nino, to discuss spreadsheets, show flow documents, misconceptions of working at a haunted house, and more spreadsheets.
* Surprisinging your friends with a podcast.
* We answer every haunters’ favorite question, “you’re working on things already?”
* Spreadsheets are a haunters BFF. Thank you, Google Drive!
* Nino and Nicole have very different opinions on color choice in spreadsheets.
* Nino and Nicole outline our showflow documents. We adapted something we learned from Universal Studios.
* Our show flow documents break down the attractions into room details including the narrative, actions, scenic, tech, sounds, and smell.
* Tech talk with Nino.
* You can never have enough reference photos. Nicole talks about her favorite kinds of decay.
* Our leadership team is kind of like the Avengers with our own special powers and skills.
* Are we still using skills we learned in high school? Kinda.
* The misconceptions of working at a haunted house from acting to management.
* Getting your build body back.
* No time for sleeping, laundry, and showers during the build season.
* Most times your coworkers don’t know you’re wearing the same pants several days in a room.
* Forming sibling-like relationships with your coworkers.
* Leaving work blankets and layers at the haunt because it’s so darn cold.
Please subscribe to our podcast and leave feedback. We appreciate it!